Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2008

How to unlock Nokia cell phone

You can unlock your cell phone yourself, No phonecall, No tool, and No cost.

My AT&T Nokia phone got soaked and died. I do not want to order a new phone from AT&T since I do not two more years' contract. I had an old T-mobile Nokia 6010 phone and want to temporarily use my T-mobile Nokia phone in AT&T network. I knew I had to unlock the phone. Initially I thought T-mobile local store should do it for me for free. I visited 3 local stores and neither of them will do it for me. One employee of T-mobile asked me to try the luck at a third-party vendor called Mobile Kangaroo. Mobile Kangaroo indeed offers the unlock service, but asks $20 for it.

I decided to try to unlock it myself first. It turned out it is a very easy task, at least for Nokia phone. If you have the instruction, you can do it in 10 minutes, no phonecall, no tool, and no cost.

I got the instruction from http://www.unlock.it/nokia, which we should thank a lot! That website also has instruction about unlocking iphone, sony erricsson, samsung, LG, and siemens.

Here is the instruction.

0) Remove your inactive SIM card from the phone. In my case, I threw away my T-mobile SIM card.

1) Find your phone's IMEI number. You can get it using either of the following two methods. a) type *#06# on your cell phone. b) turn off your cell phone, take out the battery, and find IMEI number.

2) Input IMEI number on http://www.unlock.it/nokia.

3) Select the phone model. In my case, it is 6010.

4) Select the country. In my case, it is USA.

5) Select the network. In my case, it is T-mobile.

6) Input the website security code and you get unlock code.

7) Try code 1 first. If it does not work, try code 7. In my case, code 1 does not work for me. Code 7 works! A example code is #pw+797240627504446+4#

8) Input code in your phone. The tricky part is how to input some characters. Here is how to input some special characters (you find every other characters on keypad directly):
p: click * key 3 times quickly in less than 1 minute, you will get p
w: click * key 4 times quickly in less than 1 minute, you will get w
+: click * key 2 times quickly in less than 1 minute, you will get +

9) Then put your active SIM card (in my case, AT&T SIM card) in your unlocked phone (in my case, T-mobile phone) and turn it on. If you are not asked for restricted code, mission accomplished! Otherwise, go back to step 7 and try other unlock code.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

A mobile phone can be unlocked if the right code is available. The model number, IMEI number, country name and the name of the service provider are also essential to quickly unlock the phone.

muthu said...

Hai,
Information provide by the unlock nokia cellphone is very useful to me.
Thanks.I got the unlock instructions for the nokia model phones in the site mobileunlocker.Both are useful to me.

mukesh said...

Thanks for Your tips about the unlock the nokia phone.Thanks .I already found one site mobileguide.In that site contains the unlocking code and instructions for the nokia phone.

sri said...

Thanks for your information about unlock nokia mobile.
I found the site http://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com/, which provides the unlocking service for all mobiles.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your information about the unlock nokia phones.I found one site unlockzone.In that site contains the unlocking instructions for the all mobile phones.

sri said...

hai,
I am using the Nokia mobile..I unlocked my mobile using the unlocking code.I found the site unlock-free.com for getting the free unlocking code and instructions.It's useful for me.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information sri........