Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

How to improve the battery life of your Android phone?

I bought a new Android phone, mainly because I’m not quite happy with the battery life of my old phone. After searching in the market for a while, I noticed Ericsson Xperia X10. The ads says that its battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 415 hours (17+ days) of standby time. So I bought it.

It is a very cool cellphone. But I noticed that I had to charge the battery almost every day, without any heavy use. It is far from the advertised “415 hours (17+ days) of standby time”. So I did some research and tried to improve the battery life of my new phone. After some tune-up, my phone now can stand by for almost 5 days without heavy use. It is a great improvement, isn’t it? Although it is still far from its ads.

So, what did I do? I did the following things:

1. Turn off its wi-fi, bluebooth and gps service when you do not use them. It seems that this is the most critical part. From the “battery usage” provided by Android, I noticed that wi-fi really used a lot of battery.

2. Download and install “Startup Auditor” application from Android Market. You can use this application to prevent some applications from running when you turn on the cellphone. Your cellphone usually will start up a lot of creepy (and useless) applications when you turn it on.

3. Turn of the Synchronization function of your gmail and facebook applications. Frequent synchronization uses too much battery.

4. Download and install “Andvanced Task Killer” application from Android Market. You can run this application from time to time and kill some applications. When you open an application and then return to the “homepage” of Android, this application is usually still alive and running in the background.

If you are not happy with the battery life of your Android phone, you should try those tricks out!

1 comment:

Pinless Pass said...

Me got your website which is informative and perfect for my needs. It wonderful and helpful posts. I have read out a lot related this topic its is best in all.

Pinless International Calling