Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

35% off T-mobile prepaid refill using Bing Cashback

Three weeks ago, a friend recommended I use Bing cashback to refill T-mobile prepaid phone because it has 35% off. I tried. It works. I paid $100 to get 1000 anytime minutes for T-mobile prepaid account. Here is how it works.

1) Apply for a Bing cashback account if you do not have, a very easy step. See Bing cashback FAQ for details.

2) Search "tmobile 35%" on Bing search engine (yes, it will increase search traffic for Bing), you will find an ad (on the right side ad for me), saying something like "Exclusive Online Offers at T-Mobile. Save 35% Instantly With Cashback!"

3) Click that ad, which brings you to t-mobile website. Use your credit card, paypal, or other payment methods to refill the account. For example, spend $100 for 1000 anytime minutes. Because of cookie or other mechanism, Bing knows that you made transaction through Bing Cashback.

4) Check your Bing cashback account several days later. If you find the cashback, everything is good; otherwise, send an email to Bing Cashback, which is the case for me. Bing Cashback customer representative is very responsive. They will ask more information from you. Just reply them with the information they ask for. For me, there are two round communication. The first round I sent them transaction confirmation email, payment method, etc. The second round I called T-mobile customer service to get t-mobile order number and sent it to Bing Cashback customer representative.

5) A day later, you can find cashback on Bing cashback account.

Note:

a)Use Paypal if possible. I used to credit card to refill account. So my cashback is pending and I will get it in 60 days; Using paypal, you can get instant cashback.

b)T-mobile does not provide order number in the confirmation email. You can not find order number on T-mobile website (T-mobile website is poorly designed, at least for prepaid account) either. You have to call T-mobile custom service to get it. T-mobile custom representative seems to be incapable. My phone call got transferred four times before I got the order number.

c)T-mobile prepaid account is highly recommended although its customer service quality is questionable. I paid $10 on Thanksgiving to activate a pre-paid account, get a new SIM card, and 80 minutes. You can spend $65 (35% off $100 using Bing cashback) for $1000 minutes. The $1000 minute will expire in one year. I think it is a much better deal for many people without too many phone calls than a 2-year contract.

d)Do not know why Bing has such a cashback program. Interesting to know whether it is a sustainable business to buy traffic. Bing cashback customer representative is very responsive. So it is worth trying Bing cashback. You do NOT need to make any phone call with Bing to get your cashback.

No comments: