Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

AT&T poor signal in bay area

Verizon is believed by most people to have the best quality of wireless signal. I and all of my friends thinks so. AT&T had the largest wireless user base for a period of time. AT&T sometimes also claims that it has the best quality of wireless signal, none of my friends (in New York, Boston, Seattle, Illinois, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles. etc) believe this.

Because of the flood of iphone users, AT&T wireless network is overwhelmed since 2007, especially in New York and San Fransisco. There are many dropped calls. AT&T even urges iphone users to use less data.

But the poor quality of AT&T is not a new problem because of iphone, at least in the bay area. Even T-mobile has a much better signal than AT&T in the bay area, although T-mobile signal bothered me a lot when I lived in Winchester county, NY and Seattle. T-mobile has a very good signal at my office, my wife's office, and my home while AT&T has a poor signal in all of these places.

For people who do not use phone a lot in bay area, I recommend T-mobile prepaid phone. Using 35% Bing Cashback, you can talk 1000 anytime minutes by spending only $65. It is much more flexible and cost-effective than to sign a two-year contract.

No comments: